Wellness Word Jewelry Challenge

wellsness challenge

At the beginning of the new year, Tracy Statler with Making Bracelets, posted on her blog that she was going to host a Wellness Word Jewelry Challenge. The challenge could not be more fitting for me personally, because wellness, health and overall fitness had become a very important part of my life. Over a year ago, I made a pledge to make my health a priority and have completely changed the way I eat (plant based) and exercise almost daily. I learned that “wellness” is something that can’t be taken for granted and must be practiced daily to achieve and maintain. Good health and strong mind creates a life with more joy and surprising adventures!

Our challenge was to choose an inspirational word or phrase in an area of our life where we wish to make a change or will continue to work on. My chosen word was:

evolve framed 1

I choose “evolve” as my wellness word because it was one that resonated with me. Over the past year, I have seen myself evolve from poor health to better health.  I have also seen myself go from feeling lost and unfocused, to feeling more grounded and with a life of purpose and new direction. It has truly been a year of evolution.

And with keeping to the evolve theme, the jewelry medium I choose to work with continues to evolve. For the Wellness Challenge, I wanted to work with the ever so popular materials of leather. Metal and leather, a beautiful combination.

evolveframed complege2
I want to thank Tracy for organizing this challenge.  With all blog hops, as fun as they are, it takes a lot of time to coordinate. Thanks again, Tracy and hope to see you sometime soon in the future. Especially since you live just a hop-skip-jump away. To see what others have created for the Wellness Word Challenge, please visit these participating jewelry designers below.  Thank you again, Tracy, and hope to see you soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

treasures-found.blogspot.com
twitter.com/ldymlivelystone
vault31.blogspot.com
veradesigns.blogspot.com

21 Comments

1. KateT on February 2, 2013 at 9:29 am

This cuff looks amazing, love it.

** Kate **

2. Tracy on February 2, 2013 at 9:40 am

Evolve is a great word Jeanette! I’m impressed with the health changes you have made. It takes a real commitment to go to a plant based diet! As for the bracelet, I love your different layers of metal on the leather. I want to try my hand at etching metal. It’s been in my to-do list for a long time. Thank you so much for participating and I hope we find an occasion to see each other soon!

3. Tanya on February 2, 2013 at 10:44 am

Wow .. Your bracelet is gorgeous. You are right. Metal and leather are perfect for each other. I love the addition of the filigree. The layering of the metal components is an awesome effect.

4. Cindy on February 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

Jeanette, evolve is a great word for you and for all of us. You truly have evolved it seems, in many ways this year. I think it is important for us keep growing and stretching ourselves – it gives us purpose and makes life challenging and worthwhile. Your leather cuff is stunning. Your craftsmanship in this piece is just amazing, as always. I’m with you – enjoying metal and leather so much lately. And I love how the filigree softens the look of the metal and leather.

5. Heather on February 2, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Wishing a wonderful year of personal evolution as you get healthier and stronger in 2013!

6. Mary Anne on February 2, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Beautiful combination of metal and leather! Wasn’t this a great challenge?

7. Shelly Buettner on February 2, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Stunning – leather and metal together are always drool worthy (IMHO), but with your word and it’s meaning it’s even more spectacular! Congrats on your evolution!

8. Kym Hunter on February 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Jeanette, I love the cuff that you made! You picked a very good word for yourself. What a year you have had! You definitely are an inspiration to me.

9. Andrea on February 2, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Jeanette, I LOVE YOUR BRACELET! Leather with metal is my favorite combination, and your design is perfect! Your work always inspires me.

I can definitely relate to the word Evolve and the need to pay attention to one’s health. I think of the word Transformation often in regard to my own life and am always hoping to “grow out of” the stuff that slows me down. 🙂 It seems that whenever I plow through life without paying attention to what’s going on with me emotionally, or physically, my body — Higher Self? The Universe? — always throws something in my path to make me pay attention. It’s happened so many times now that I plan on it!

However, if I hadn’t been forced to face my own health crisis long ago, I wouldn’t have become the person I am. And as I’ve gotten older, most days I kinda like “me” the way I am. 🙂 But then, who knows where “me” will end up, I’m still evolving!

xoxox

10. Adrienne on February 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I.LOVE.THIS.

11. Sarah on February 2, 2013 at 5:28 pm

The different textures in this bracelet are just beautiful! I can relate to your word and the meaning behind it: Evolve. To evolve is inevitable, but how we do it is important, the choices we make will shape our path. I need to focus on this part of my life. Its very inspiring to hear of your journey. Thank you! And keep making beautiful jewelry, you are very talented.

12. Emma Todd on February 2, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I agree, love the combination of leather and metal. What an impressive evolutionary tract you are already on. I’m cheering you on. That cuff is going to be a beautiful touchstone for your journey

13. Dita on February 2, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I am inspired by you. You are evolving and you are right – it must start from with in. Your health is getting better… I am so impressed by what you wrote. My best for this New Year to you. Dita.

14. Stacie on February 3, 2013 at 12:23 am

Love what you are doing with leather and metal…so inspired! And I have been watching from afar your amazing dedication and resolve to get healthy…it has quietly inspired me to do the same…Evolve is so powerful…and all about change. Awesome!!

15. Anonymous on February 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Jeanette,

I have watched you evolve over the last year and you are an inspiration! I am so happy that you have found your perfect program for wellness, and the results are stunning: you look fabulous and your jewelry skills have have skyrocketed! Your bracelet is gorgeous, I would wear it everyday.

Thank you for commenting on my blog, it was a hard move to AZ but worth it. You would love it here, a mix of high desert and mountain wilderness, and no smog! You can visit me anytime!

16. Sharon on February 3, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Hi Jeanette, You are certainly an inspiration as I have watched you shrink and grow at the same time! I am glad you’ve struck a harmonious chord in your life, getting healthy and allowing your creativity to soar. Your beautiful Evolve bracelet is proof of those important changes. It took hard work and diligence to arrive at your personal destination, wear that bracelet proudly!

PS You can visit me anytime in Arizona!

17. Erin Siegel on February 3, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Jeanette, your story and the bracelet you created are so inspiring to me! Health and wellness are also a primary focus for me this year. Although, I am more committed to that this year than ever before, I still have so much to work on. BUT, change is coming. I can feel it. I really believe I will leave the old, unhealthy habits behind this year for good and that feels so good. More fruit and veggie smoothies for me! I think those will become a staple for sure.

18. sandi m on February 4, 2013 at 1:58 am

Great design, Jeanette. The colors, mix of the leather, metal and the filigree really come together beautifully.
    Congratulations on your evolution! I’ve practiced Fit For Life and it really opened up a whole new way of looking at food. Amazing how our taste buds come alive, and the best side effect is feeling so much better.

19. Erin Prais-Hintz on February 4, 2013 at 10:40 am

Oh, Miss Jeannette! I love everything you set your hand to. It has such a polished and complete look in a rustic and organic way. The word evolve is a powerful one. And I am so happy that you are on your way to becoming who you are meant to be! I just love your etching and the leather. Swoon! I have long wanted to do more of that. Maybe this is my year to experiment more. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the day. Erin

20. Melissa Trudinger on February 7, 2013 at 2:55 am

What a beautiful cuff! And I love the word you chose, it sounds like it is very apt for where you are in your life right now.

21. Kathleen Lange Klik on February 11, 2013 at 9:43 am

Stunning bracelet and wonderful word! I love the texture on the metal. I also admire your determination for wellness, health and fitness. It is a noble cause that more people should take part in!