Spa Day

Teagan is the Star of the Week in her Kindergarten class this week. Every week it’s a different child. For star of the week we made a poster all about Teagan to bring into her classroom and share with her classmates. Every day she is to bring something with her to school to share with the class, something that is special to her. I asked if she wanted to bring the stamped “Teagan” necklace I made her, but she said no, that’s not special enough! Instead, she filled her backpack with a barbie doll that turns into a three musketeer, a stuffed duck animal¬† and something else

Anyway, to celebrate being star of the week we had a “spa day.” I took her to a neighborhood salon and she had a manicure and pedicure (of course her feet are baby soft and no scrubbing and scraping was needed) She choose florescent orange for her fingernails and purple for her toenails.
teaganspa2

teaganspa3

We grabbed a bite afterward at good ol Subway which was conveniently located next door to the salonn and shared a yummy turkey sandwich. We brought home a yummy chocolate chip cookie for brother Sebastian. It was a fun afternoon.

teaganspaday4
On the creative front I am working on a wire piece with Christine Damm’s wonderful polymer beads from “stories they tell. which will be a gift for my mom. Whenever I make a new piece of jewelry, I need to see a photographed image of the piece and look at it from third persons view for me to “really” see the piece. In doing so, I can see if there needs to be adjustments to the design or where it needs to be tweaked. For this piece, I need to do a little tweaking and hope to share the entire image of the necklace by Friday.
storiestheytell

And lastly, I am certain by now this is old news, though just in case you haven’t heard, Cindy Wimmer with Sweet Bead Studio is having an awesome blog give away you won’t want to miss. Check it out.
Jeanette

9 Comments

1. Shelby on October 21, 2009 at 8:39 pm

so nice to have a mother, daughter day, and share some special moments…the necklace looks great!

2. Kara on October 21, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Ahhh….that looks like so much fun, Jeanette! What a great memory for you both! Love the necklace!

3. Judy on October 22, 2009 at 12:28 am

What a great day you girls had! Every girl needs a spa day with her Mom!

4. Leslie on October 22, 2009 at 12:54 am

Teagan is so adorable! And the colors she picked out for her spa day are fabulous. Great mom and daughter bonding time. The piece for your mother looks so creative. I can’t wait to see it when you are finished.

5. Erin Prais-Hintz on October 22, 2009 at 11:01 am

I need to treat my daughter to a spa-ah day! We did that to celebrate the end of the school year and moving on to a new school. What fun, and what a darling one she is!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

6. Lori Anderson on October 22, 2009 at 11:42 am

I’m loving the toe polish! I swear I have that color.

7. Linda on October 22, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Jeanette, I am in love with this design! You’ve done it again. I’m at the office (lunch break) and in my head I am making this coiled link. Your mom is a lucky gal. – Linda

8. Cindy on October 22, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Jeanette, sounds like such a fun afternoon with Teagan! Your necklace is beautiful! You know I really like what you did with Christine’s beads!!! hey, I thought your Mom was a blog reader….

9. sandra on October 22, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Oh, my boys had the star of the week thing when they were in DK and K; that was fun!
    The necklace is lovely, can’t wait to see the whole thing.